---
On the first week of the seminar, a multi-national advertising agency called. I already made up my mind about doing business, and if it was any other agency I would refuse, but it was one of the best and largest agencies, not only here but all over the world. I told myself I needed to know if I could actually get into a reputable company. Even if I don't take the job, at least I would know whether or not I had the potential. So I came in for an interview. The first one was great. I felt comfortable with the interviewers (they were from the creative department) and they mainly talked about my portfolio and resume, which I, of course, had no trouble talking about. I also managed to squeeze in a few laughs. I started to imagine myself working with these young, smart, and creative people, who I wanted to be, and the friends I wanted to keep. They asked for a second interview. It wasn't as peachy. I think this is the HR interview where you get asked about why they should hire you, your strengths and weaknesses, you know, usual HR mumbo-jumbo bullshit. I wasn't prepared, and I gave bullshit answers. Well, at least I can say I tried. This made it easy for me to decide to go back to baking and doing business. I never followed-up my application.
---
I still write for the Philippine Star from time to time, thanks to my friend who works there. The topics are a little random, but hey, at least hindi ako stagnant. Kahit papano I'm still using my writing skills. The pay is alright, pandagdag din.
---
I still write for the Philippine Star from time to time, thanks to my friend who works there. The topics are a little random, but hey, at least hindi ako stagnant. Kahit papano I'm still using my writing skills. The pay is alright, pandagdag din.
---
Since my last blog post, I was never alone, hence the hiatus from posting. I did some work in my mom's and my sister's stores, and was in church the rest of the time. Last month I was attending the baking seminar, made a few friends, learned how to bake, and such. In church, I have a barkada as well. Even though I always had friends, I think this is the first time where most of the time I am with them. Usually I was alone during my downtime, but now it seems I'm always with someone, or at least texting them. Wala lang. It just feels good. Growing up, hindi din ako masyadong sanay na maraming kaibigan, or laging may kasamang kaibigan. Pag lalakad, kahit mag-isa, OK lang. But now I always have someone to talk to. It feels good.
No comments:
Post a Comment