A few updates for those still following my misadventures:
Blogs imported!
Since I started this blog, one of my first concerns was how I would import all my other posts from my other blogs. I've had a lot of blogs over the years, but the only ones still up are this one, my Multiply page which I started around the time I entered college (2006), and my LiveJournal. Blogger has an import and export function which allows you to migrate posts from one blog to another while keeping timestamps intact. The problem is other blog services don't. LiveJournal has an export function (which I had to Google because I didn't find it on the main page), but I think the coding is different, so Blogger doesn't really read it. I found an application called blog2blog which is supposed to import and export your blog automatically across different services, but it didn't work for me. I even tried figuring out how to code in XML (I did learn how to code in HTML on my own in 6th grade, after all) but it was too complicated. Ultimately I settled for copying and pasting every single entry from my two other blogs. This is when I discovered something more to love about Blogger: You can customize timestamps! So even though I posted everything today, I was able to put the original posting dates of my entries. Now I won't have to worry about Multiply or LiveJournal deleting my accounts because of inactivity.
It's funny to read all my old posts. Not just because I was consciously trying to be funny, but also because of the horrid grammar and spelling. I wish I could post my older entries from high school too. I coded a few blogs myself back in the day, but I'm not sure if I uploaded them, and I don't have the original files anymore. You can still find the layouts on my deviantArt page though. Meanwhile, enjoy my old posts and laugh at my poor sentence constructions and borderline-jejemon spelling.
As Seen From the Middle
As you can see, I've mostly been posting on my other blog, as seen from the middle. I just figured more people will want to read that more since my posts there aren't so personal, and more people could relate. Check it out if you haven't yet.
Feeling Good
Well, since most of my posts lately have all been about my health, I might as well continue in that vein. What I'll miss about coming to the office every day are my lunch work outs. The gym is a 15-minute walk from the office; very convenient. Even if I'm feeling lazy, I still manage to go to the gym since it's just a short walk away. It also gives me something to focus on since I still don't do much work. I also manage to keep at my diet when I'm in the office since I'm stuck at my desk, and food is expensive in Makati.
I was shoved off the wagon for the past few weeks since there were a lot of parties and holidays, but I managed to get back yesterday. Even my smoking came back the past few days but I still manage. I realized that I'm not really addicted, and most of my smoking comes from choice, not habit. I just need to always choose not to smoke and I'll be fine. In terms of my weight, well, I'm not giving up. Progress is slow, but since I cut back on smoking and eating like a pig, I've been feeling more energetic. Hopefully I'll be able to keep everything up even after I leave my job.
Career crossroads
...and, here we are again. Just like when I graduated from college, the future is once again uncertain. It's my last week at work, and I still don't have a solid plan for my future. Of course I'm going to work for my mom for the time being, but exactly what I'm going to be working on is a big question mark. My sister is also rushing me to open my own business right away, which I don't think is ideal since I haven't even seen how the business works from the inside (which is why I need to work for my mom for a while), and I still have those baking classes in July. Well, I guess that's that then. I don't need to rush anyway. It's not like I'm poor. Haha! Excitement and anxiety: definitely better than boredom.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteSa manufacturer ng flour. Haha! They offer free classes, at dahil matipid ang nanay ko, dun lang ako. :))
ReplyDelete