Friday, September 12, 2008

I hate Apple. Seriously.

Warning: The author will not be held responsible for possible bouts of mouth-watering, or cringing from all the ellipses, exclamation marks, repetitive sentences and all other basic tenets of good writing that he ignored. Weee.™

...Because their iPods are SO... FRIGGIN... AWESOME! Alright, here's the deal. I never liked Apple products. I hate their price tag. I hate the fact that they're non-modifiable (at least not without voiding your warranty), I hate that you have to get Apple to fix your stuff. I hate that they force you to buy software to get the most of your hardware. I especially hated the iPod, which everyone loved despite its fat body and exaggerated hard disk space (who had 30GB of music anyway?). Of course, those two problems were solved by the iPod's little brother, the nano.

Being the elitist conformist that I am (running contradictory to my hate for Apple), I had my parents buy me one for graduation (iJeff, see very old blog entries).


It was sooo friggin' cute! It was this tiny version of those monolithic bar-soap shaped music players with screens! Of course I only had 1GB of storage, which is measly compared to the ginormous hard disk of the iPod, but who cares. I had the cutest MP3 player in class. Well alright, so there was this one other guy who had the same thing. At least I don't have a USB flash drive with a headphone jack.


So I had a love affair with my iPod, bringing it wherever I go. But then, Apple betrayed me. They released a new generation of iPod nanos! And they were cuter than ever! I got so frustrated that I sold my precious iJeff to my cousin and bought a PSP, which obviously can do a lot more. Of course, it was much less portable, but what the hell.

So, after realizing I actually had no time to play any video games anyway, I sold my PSP last term and (surprise!) bought an iPod touch, which I named iJeff II in loving memory of my black iJeff (your memory lives on). It's not that I really wanted it, it's just that I needed to reach my quota for ADSALES. Well, I'm pretty much happy with it. Until NOW.




*drool*... Sleeker than ever. Smooth edges. Brighter colors. Glass screen. Video playback. They have an accelerometer (which detects movement, whether you're viewing it in landscape or portrait. You can even shake it to shuffle your playlist!). And they have actual buttons! They also don't have that shiny scratch-prone back! Never mind the fiasco that was the 3rd Generation nanos, these 4th Gen ones more than absolve Steve Jobs from all his aesthetic sins. The only thing missing here is WiFi. Apple talaga o. Dapat may trade-in pag may lumalabas na bagong models! Aaaaahh! Sayang talaga!

No comments:

Post a Comment